The Church of the Nazarene is a Protestant Christian church in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. Organized in 1908, the Church is now home to more than 2 million members worshiping in over 26,000 local congregations in 156 world areas.
Statement of Belief
We believe that the rights and privileges of church membership should be for those who are truly Christian and our official statement of belief is on the basis of a vital relationship with Jesus Christ. In brief, we believe:
- In one God—the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit.
- That man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- That the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- That the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- That believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- In the return of our Lord, in the resurrection of the dead, and in the final judgment.
The Church of the Nazarene website